Mother’s Day is around the corner!
Whether you’re a first time mum, or mum to a few children and looking for something special and low-key to do with your little ones on Mothers Day, look no further!
This craft activity is so perfect to do with your young children on Mother's Day! Not only will you get a keepsake present, the quality bonding time is always priceless.
What is the activity? Framed Hand Prints!
What you need:
- Picture frame
- Plain paper
- Non toxic paint
- Paint brush (and a plate to put the paint onto)
What to do:
- Cut the plain piece of paper into a suitable size for the picture frame.
- Choose paint colours together with your child, and put some of the paint on a plate.
- Paint the palm of one of your hands, then place your hand onto the piece of paper to make a hand print.
- Repeat step 3 for your child/ren.
- Let the paint dry.
- Once the paint is dry, write your names and date under each handprint, or anything else you wish to write on the piece of paper!
If you have some glitter, why not add some sparkle to the page! To do this, simply add some glue to the page, and sprinkle with some glitter!
Feel free to decorate the whole page anyway you and your child would like!
- Once your masterpiece is completed, put this in the picture frame, and there you have it! A Mother’s Day present you can keep forever, filled with fond memories of creating it with your little one/s.
** If you don’t want to use a picture frame, you can still complete all the steps above on any size piece of paper, and get the finished artwork laminated. This way, the masterpiece is still protected if you wish to store it away with your other keepsakes!
Don't forget to tag @nestfuncreations with your finished artwork, we would LOVE to see what you come up with!